samedi 22 mai 2010

Flights' books



Flights are my only occasion to read something these days.


This weekend, I keep with me


HACK by M.Plaut

&

RIPPED by G.Kot


The first one is a part of a process I love : living a different life is possible.
I have to remind it clearly and during this weekend I need this reminder to feel self-confident and to beleive there's no mistake regarding my pro choices (thx to my education uh...say "Hi Anne !!")


The second one is all about nostalgia (and audio fundamentalism !!)


Here's a visit into my museum






Here are my walkmans,


The biggest one is from late 80's and is my first high-end hifi component for sure (recorder with external mic, aluminium finish, FM, autoreverse, great audio output and well, quite a small case for that year)

The smallest one is from mid-90's. He was my partner everyday. I didn't even need a bag to carry it. In 1995, we NEEDED to have the smallest walkman around ! I have discovered every new Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains digipacks with it by my side, hearing the previous PJ/AIC album at the same time. No internet spoiler, no supermarket noises. Only dedicated local stores and music. Priceless... Turkish tapes found every summer were great too ! (here)


Discman.


Have always been a fascination. In late 90's, Technics and Sony engaged a battle to produce the smallest and the thinnest discman ever made. Then, I received my first discman. First apartment, no money, but an expensive discman. Maybe the greatest gift ever, a sweet and moving moment and a great package (here)


iPod.


Engraved messages as if I need motivation to listen to music through it. The only great improvement for audioholics is "playlist".

.

10 commentaires:

  1. It was great to see you at ICP.
    Good luck in Boston
    Kerensa.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. picola was so elegant !! (me too !)
    H.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Ripped has been on my Amazon wishlist for months and I thought I'd wait for the paperback version but the cover's hideous. Let me know how it is. Oh, and if you happen to find a cheap edition in a second hand bookstore, would you be so kind as to buy it for me? I'd be eternally grateful.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. see comments on Pearl Jam in NYC yesterday.
    Kerensa.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Only 2 days in NYC
    I was glad to see you at Ethan's
    Tracy

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. seen at ICP yesterday.
    most handsome photographer in the city (this week !!)
    Yelena

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. this week ?? please.
    K.

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. Great speech about colors in photojournalism. Warm shades and the social touch. Bright shades calling dreams and entertainment. Love your vision.
    Corin

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Great time yesterday at the 21. We want you back !
    Nez

    RépondreSupprimer

Archives du blog