jeudi 18 mars 2010

Makin' A MixTape

.


Udite, Udite gente ... the true story of the MixTape





there's a book : click here

there's a great quote from a huge movie : click here

there's the lost art of clean cuts on real tapes in the 90's, the "just press PAUSE, never STOP !!" story

there's the hidden tracks' stories since Never Mind in 1992 ("should I make a 2 or a 3 minutes pink noise track ??")

there's the drawing sleeves story, then the very first computer designed sleeves story, etc. ("eh Bro, what have you done all day long ??" "I've made this great sleeve with pencils and scissors !!" Seb G. & Picola 1997)


Picola Supertramp

P.S. : merci Inge pour ta chanson du jour, toi qui a basculé dans la next gen' de la mixtape. chanson qui résonne fort en moi pour des tas de raisons, tu n'imagines pas !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIL8PxLmjm4

.

6 commentaires:

  1. what about a tape with your photographs ?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. No, you don't "NEED" one. It comes out once every 1000 billion year during summer solstice... and I don't "need" to make one right now.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I've received your message on my phone today but I can't call you back Nez. Leave me an email, I haven't got yours.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. je ne vais pas envoyer de chanson fetiche mais juste dire bonjour ici parce qu'un regard poetique est si touchant...

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DTFwYZ6YJU
    merci de m'avoir fait écouter, je découvre petit à petit et j'aime vraiment.
    PEG.

    RépondreSupprimer

Archives du blog